Monday, March 29, 2010

DMOZ before I die!

I know this blog is pretty much for my theological musings and it does not make sense to post web development stuff here. But I am mostly ranting to get things out of my system anyway.

DMOZ listing is it worth the wait?


I have alway been under the impression that listing your website with DMOZ open directory (run by AOL) is a must for SEO. However, I have not been very happy with the amount of time it takes for DMOZ to list sites. In some cases the other tactics I use for SEO have gotten me the desired results before the editors working on the DMOZ directory ever get around to looking at my suggested listing.

Why can't DMOZ use robots?


So the seemingly eternal wait for the precious DMOZ listing may or may not be worth it. In the mean time though, I wonder why DMOZ doesn't simply have spiders crawl sites submitted for listing and then notify the editor if the site is go? Heck, you would think the spiders could even categorize the sites in the most appropriate ways based on content. Wouldn't that speed things up?

Other SEO tactics.


I suppose for now my solution is simply to use other SEO tactics and not worry to much about this one listing.

Don't worry I'm back to theology after this one!

No comments: